Australian HealthCall Group’s complaints procedure has been developed to ensure that any complaint
is dealt with promptly and effectively.
The process is as follows:
- We contact the complainant and obtain a full account of the matter within 24 hours of the complaint being lodged.
- Staff advise the Administration Manager and the General Manager during business hours.
- If more urgent contact the General Manager after hours on the mobile phone.
- GM of elected representative consults with all staff, any relevant people and external agencies involved in the matter.
- The issue is reviewed and outcomes/recommendations are made by the General Manager.
- The result of the investigation is disseminated and signed for all relevant parties.
- A copy is maintained in the staff/client file and incident file.
- A letter is sent to the complainant outlining the findings and the resolution.
- All outcomes of the investigation be they disciplinary, safety or other are dealt with in the appropriate manner and documented in the incident file or staff/client file.
- If the outcome requires Mandatory Notification of the police, registration board etc this is carried out by the General Manager.
- All aspects of the investigation are treated as confidential.
- Australian Healthcall Group uses complaints as a mechanism to review processes and to implement improvements for the future.
- Consideration is to be given if there is a need to raise a Corrective Action and Preventative Action Form.