Australian HealthCall Group and the NDIS
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) has now started its full roll out across most of the states and territories in Australia. With a focus on transforming current disability funding arrangements into a flexible, portable, and participant-driven system, the NDIS is a generational reform that recognises that every person knows best how they want to live their own life. The NDIS will give people with disability choice and control over their required supports and services.
How to get ready for the NDIS?
- Check that you are eligible to participate in the NDIS (on the NDIS Access Checklist).
- Start getting prepared for your NDIS meeting, which will either be with a Planner from the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) or a Local Area Coordinator from an independent organisation.
- Document the things that are important to you, what your typical week looks like, the supports and services you currently receive (both unpaid and paid supports), any immediate concerns or gaps in support that need to be addressed at your meeting, and anything you would like to start working towards (please follow the link for more information about the planning process).
- Collect all relevant documentation as well as any other reports, assessments or information that might be useful to take to your meeting.
- The NDIA will then develop a plan that is based on the information that you provide and reflects the reasonable and necessary supports that are required for you to live the life that you want to live.
- You also need to decide how you want your plan to be managed (my plan management options) and once you have received your plan, you choose which service providers you would like to use (how to find and engage providers).
How HealthCall can support you:
HealthCall has been providing supports to people with disabilities for more than 55 years. We listen to people and ask how they want to live their lives, whilst providing the highest quality standards for all supports that are requested by a person. We are pleased to say that our services and teams are flexible, innovative, and client focused, and that we do whatever it takes to make it work for you.
We are a registered provider with the NDIS and our 24/7 services include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting day to day activities, such as household tasks, meal preparation, light housekeeping, grocery shopping, etc.
- Transport to and from activities, appointments, meetings, etc.
- Support to connect and participate in the community, getting out and about, catching up with friends, etc.
- Transport and travel training
- Support to learn new skills, either at home and/or in the community.
- Assistance with personal care, showering, dressing, medication prompting, etc.
- Case Management and Clinical Support Services
- Plan Management
HealthCall and the NDIS – what we can do for you:
- Support you to prepare or get ready for your meeting with the NDIA. We have learned that being prepared is key to a successful planning process and we encourage you to start preparing early, have detailed documentation and know all the elements of the supports that are included in your current services.
- Plan and organise the services you want and need, how, when and where you want them.
- Maximise the best value of your funding package and inform you about all options available for the supports and services you request.
- Support you to link to Allied Health Services.
Download our HealthCall NDIS brochure here.